Thursday, February 12, 2009

MHR #10

Okay, I have to admit that I like Valentine's Day. After four years of being head over heels in love with Jason, I still get giddy butterflies buying Jason a Valentine's Card in the "husband" card section!

Jason is surprising me with a weekend full of activities! He's keeping it a surprise. I know that we're not staying at our house for the weekend. I don't think we're flying anywhere. But I'm supposed to bring my swimsuit and a nice dress. Wohoo!! I love that we get to do these surprises now that we're married.

I actually hosted our first Valentine's at my place. I made dessert for Jason and we played our favorite card games. It was very sweet and we were so careful not let romantic feelings lead us to anyplace we didn't want to go that would violate our convictions about physical expression. Jason took me out to a fun restaurant called Louis XIII and we sat in one of the kissing booths. It was very special!!

Reading the "Secrets" article made me realize again (and again) that Jason and I are not married for the purpose of always making each other happy, but rather to make each other holy. I most often fail in the happiness department, because too often I display my emotions over not getting my way. I assume that getting my way will make me happy. Ha! I so, so, so desire to change. Jason is a mirror for me - showing areas that I need to be refined in.

Great stuff to think about!

1 comment:

  1. Carolyn, your love for your husband is so sweet and pure. I enjoyed getting to know you in these posts. Have a wonderful weekend with the love of your life!

    ReplyDelete