Friday, January 30, 2009

MHR! MHR! MHR!

Just like Katy Lin, Jason and I am reading through The Love Dare and we had a lot of fun with one of the dares that evaluates your unconditional love for your spouse. Your love has to be no strings attached. "I love you. Period."

I knew Jason was The One as a result of seeing his heart over and over again - who he is as a man, in the way he treated others and how he walked his faith in God on a daily basis. It wasn't a "bam!" hit you over the head moment. I remember from our first date thinking, "This guy is different than other Christian guys I've dated". We were going on a double-date with friends to an outdoor concert of some Christian artists, which was way on the other side of town. I was pushing to meet Jason someplace in-between, so he could save gas and didn't have to drive all the way to the other side of town to pick me up. Jason was insistent on picking me up, because we were, after all, going on a date and he said it would give us a chance to talk since we would spend most of our time listening to music.

What this showed me was that Jason was willing to go out of his way to spend time with me. He was appreciative of my consideration about saving gas, but he was more interested in getting to know each other rather than saving a few bucks. It spoke chivalrous volumes to me, because in the past, I had dated Christian gentleman that didn't quite get that.

The sweet thing that Jason did in our courtship was drive 30 miles out of his way each Sunday to pick me up and drop me off from church. His chivalry really got me! And it hasn't stopped!

1 comment: