Thursday, January 15, 2009

Going cold turkey

I got the package last week. It sat on the floor for three days, until I was ready to open it. Better just get it started and over with.

It's the McComb's Plan supplements for the body detoxification plan I foolishly decided to start....and this time finish.

This detox is no gimmick. I don't fall for those. Really. This just plain makes sense. Get rid of the bad bacteria in your body. The bad bacteria just builds a colony in your body, causing it not to work properly. In my case, my digestive system apparently does not work properly....as a result of my poor choice of foods. Ahem.

Flush it out! Help your skin and other organs push the bad toxins out of our body. Yep! That's right - get those suckers!

Then, you build up the good bacteria. Seize the bad bacteria colony. Take it over with the good.

My cousin's wife told me about the McCombs Plan. Year after year, she's battled the same symptoms that I have. She gave it a go. She feels great and found out how her body reacts to certain foods, so she can learn to avoid those things. I became hooked to check it out.

Here I am. Therefore, I pledge:
- to drink a lot of water
- to not eat sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, yeast, wheat....a HUGE list of etc items that includes everything you can think of
- to take long, luxurious hot baths with my favorite bubble bath so I sweat those toxins out
- to eat plenty of veggies, fruits, brown rice, olive oil, meat (except pork because it's a dirty meat)and...and...and....that's all I am supposed to eat.
- to faithfully take my supplements and vitamins

Monday was my first official day of the plan. I'm feeling good. A few headaches now and then, but I know it's just my brain saying, "SUGAR!! I need it. Now!!". Awww...be quiet. I keep telling myself that it will be good for me. It will! It is GOOD to feel good! It is BAD to feel bloated all the time! Eight weeks of this hard-core-military-boot-camp-like-regimen. 15 weeks of no sugar. Oh, mercy!

Therefore, I am officially working on item #21 (detox #1) and item #32 (eat no sweets for a week). Well, #32 is going to turn into 15 long weeks. Hey - can I use those fifteen to count towards 1 week/month for the 1,001 days???

My poor husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment