Thursday, January 15, 2009

My husband rocks!

What a convicting article that Katy Lin posted for this week's MHR.

Jason and I decided this past Sunday that I would take care of getting the oil changed on my car this week, while he would handle the bumper issue as a result of my - ahem - accident at a Holiday gas station. I called Jason on Monday afternoon just to check in like we usually do each day. He went and changed the oil in my car. Bless my man's heart!!!

He took care of this manly chore....I didn't even beg. I didn't even hint. It's these moments that happen so often that remind me of Jason's servant heart...and how much I want to be more like him.

My best friend and I made a pact a few weeks ago to not insinuate, hint or say anything to our husbands that would elude to us comparing our lives or situations with anyone else's. Sometimes it's hard not to let the comparative thoughts come into your mind. But you can decide if you'll let those thoughts build a nest in your hair and spew it out to your husband. So, the thing I (work hard to) do to show respect to Jason is to resist the temptation to say anything that would elude to me comparing us to another.

4 comments:

  1. How thoughtful! :) Your advice is great too, I had not thought of it that way before! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tip -- it's such an easy trap to fall into, isn't it? Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that pact you made with your friend about your husbands. I'll have to adopt that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your generous wife tip is really wise and unique. Thanks for giving me food for thought!

    ReplyDelete