Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Husband Rocks

Don't you love stumbling upon great things? MHR - my husband rocks! - did that for me. I fell for it hook, line and sinker. Katy Lin started this MHR thing. Every Friday she posts a prompt, encouraging you to write a post proclaiming to the world why your husband rocks! It's just a neat way to encourage, build up, appreciate that man of yours.

I'm going to be bold and do this, because I love and appreciate my husband SO MUCH. Jason rocked my world this week (when doesn't he?). But, most specifically, because he excitedly grabbed my hands yesterday, did a little dance-jig and said that we made significant progress in our financial situation this week. We give a shout out to the Lord for this progress and His provision. I also give a shout out to Jason for being diligent and a good manager. You rock, honey!


1. Where did you meet? Almost 5 years ago, my new co-worker at the time (and now very good friend!), Kay, told me about her fiancĂ©, Brian’s, best friend, Jason….a very nice, Christian guy. Ears perked up. The three of them, along with some other co-workers, all played on a volleyball team, so Kay suggested I come watch them play and stay after for the pizza gathering so I could be introduced to Jason. Well, this old-fashioned girl said, “Un-uh! I’m not going by myself and I will not throw myself out there like that. He needs to pursue me first”. I grabbed 3 other co-workers, called it a “team-event”, made everyone pinky-swear that they wouldn’t say anything to Jason about who/why I was there and went to the game. Jason and I talked at length over pizza. No numbers exchanged, except a small little thing called chemistry and God’s appointment. Turns out that we both went to the same Christian liberal arts college, Bethel University, years ago and our roommates even went on a date or two. But we never met. A few months later, we fell in love and as they say, “the rest is history”!

2. Who long did you date before you were married? 2 years

3. What does he do that surprises you? Jason surprises me often – with little gifts (and big ones too!) and his helpfulness around the house. I remember early on in our marriage, I was surprised at how much Jason is a clean and picked-up person. I always thought his bachelor-pad was clean because he was trying to impress me. Then after we were married, I found out that my bachelorette-pad was always clean because I was trying to impress him.

4. What is your favorite quality of his? He is a good, loyal friend and a great listener.

5. What is your favorite feature of his? I love his smile and his laugh. He has strong, muscular soccer legs. And his skin is so soft.:)

6. Does he have a nickname for you? Sweetie

7. What is his favorite food? Pizza, chicken parmigian, pizza casserole, among other things!

8. What is his favorite sport? Which sport ISN’T his favorite? Jason loves to play soccer – and he still does with his buddies each week! He loves to watch NFL football, basketball, and hockey.

9. When and where was your first kiss? At my front door on our third date.:)

10. What do you like to do together? We love to play games like Skip-Bo, Phase Ten, etc. We like to play tennis, go for walks, work on the yard (well, maybe “like” isn’t the word, but we’re good teammates), watching movies, and getting together with family and friends

11. Do you have any children? Not yet!

12. Does he have a hidden talent? Yes – he’s a groovy dancer. “Hey – watch this!”

13. Who said "I love you" first? Jason, also at my apartment about five months after we officially started dating.

14. What is his favorite type of music? Jason likes all different kinds of music – except country - but he usually listens to the sports channel, talk radio or the Christian radio station.

15. What do you admire most about him? He relates well to people and he is a good manager. He handles difficult people-situations well. There are so many things that I admire about him – his faith in God, selflessness, ability to look at both sides of the situation objectively, motivation, dedication, entrepreneurship, sensitivity, and his fun-loving nature.

16. Do you think he will read this? Hopefully!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! i can't believe we have so much in common! welcome to MHR Friday! i'll have you blogrolled here in a couple minutes! i'm doing a 101 things list, too - would you mind telling me how you got the countdown thing in your sidebar above your list?

    thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your answers. Welcome to MHR. Isn't it amazing?

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete